09 Japanese 1
Teacher in Charge: Ok-Jin Lee
Year Nine Japanese is a half-year long course for three periods per week. Students can study Japanese through all Levels of NCEA, and taken for Scholarship.
References will be to the course workbook and Hiragana alphabet workbook.
By the end of the course, the students will be able to:
1. greet and farewell people, apologize and thank someone appropriately.
2. introduce oneself and have basic conversation about personal information;
Name, age, nationality, residency, telephone number, birthday, zodiac sign, school year. level etc.
3. recognize three different writing systems and master the basic Japanese alphabets, Hiragana.
4. master the numbers in kanji, Chinese characters.
5. gain certain knowledge about Japan and Japanese culture:
• identify the main islands and six cities in Japan.
• say something about life in Japan.
• understand the cultural events in Japan and New Zealand.
6. understand classroom instructions.
7. talk about weather.
1. Japanese origami (paper folding)
3. tea ceremony
4. traditional Japanese games
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
*9JP1* - Supplementary costs: Approx $15
Costs include annual subscription to Education Perfect and a workbook
Please note: Education Perfect is an interactive vocabulary website based on NCEA requirements, which is an excellent resource for vocabulary learning.