11 Technology Product Design 1
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Murphy
• Develop a technological solution that addresses the requirements of a given brief
• Cover the three main strands of technology – technological practice, technological knowledge and the nature of technology
• Use problem solving skills to work through a series of events to develop a solution, using a range of skills, research tools and processes
• The course has a very high literacy expectation/demand and requires good time management skills
• Need skills in design and evaluation as well as being able to research and document evidence relating to their design
• Drawing and presentation skills of students needs to be of a good standard as well as workshop skills and safety knowledge
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
11TP1 - Supplementary costs: Approx $80
Completion of Year 10 Technology (10TP1), gained at least 40 Academic Graduation Points in Year 10 English (10EN1) including an ‘Achieved’ in the 10EN1 end of year exam
OR HoD approval
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.