12 Technology Product Design 1
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Murphy
• Develop a technological solution that addresses the requirements of their own formulated brief
• Cover the three main strands of technology – technological practice, technological knowledge and the nature of technology
• Use problem solving skills to work through a series of events to develop a solution, using a range of skills, research tools and processes
• The course has a very high literacy expectation/demand and requires good time management skills
• Need skills in design and evaluation as well as being able to research and document evidence relating to their design
• Drawing and presentation skills of students needs to be of a good standard as well as workshop skills and safety knowledge
The Unit and Assessment standards listed below are indicative only and may change.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
12TP1 - Supplementary costs: Approx $80
At least 16 credits in Level 1 Technology Product Design (11TP1)
OR HoD approval
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.