13 Scholarship Physical Ed.
Teacher in Charge: Mrs J. Wilson
Scholarship PE looks to extend students who have demonstrated a high level of understanding in Level 2 Performance PE. There is a focus on developing critical thinking skills and challenging societal assumptions in preparation for the external scholarship external assessment.
Students will be involved in the following:
• Conduct a biomechanical analysis of a sporting skills of their choice
• Evaluate a performance improvement programme
• Devise strategies for a physical activity outcome
• Examine a current physical activity event, trend, or issue
• Demonstrate quality performance of a physical activity
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
13PFS - Supplementary costs: Approx $80
Optional Surf Camp: Approx $190
Excellence in all Level 2 PE Performance (12PF1) standards.
OR HoD approval
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 19 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 19
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.