13 English 3
Teacher in Charge: Mrs A. Mason
This course is designed for students who:
- Do not require English as a Table A/B option for Auckland University
- Do not have sufficient level 2 credits to meet the literacy requirements for University Entrance
Would like to achieve additional credits in Level 2 English to contribute to their NCEA Level 2 Certificate
Would like to attempt some Level 3 English achievement standards where appropriate, to contribute to their NCEA Level 3 Certificate
• Develop their writing skills through a range of interesting activities
• Read and view a range of texts designed to stimulate their interest and develop their skills in reading, writing and viewing
• Prepare for assessments in reading and writing which meet the requirements for university entrance literacy
• Where it is appropriate, students will be offered the opportunity to submit work for assessment against the criteria for Level 3 English Achievement Standards
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
13EN3- Supplementary costs: Approx $5
Achieved 10 Level 1 literacy credits through the English Department Achievement Standards
Achieved at least 3 level two credits from the English Department Achievement Standards.
Must not have UE Literacy in English
OR HoF discretionary approval
Total Credits Available: 17 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 17 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 7
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.