13 English 3
Teacher in Charge: Mrs A. Mason
This course is designed for students who:
- Do not require English as a Table A/B option for Auckland University
- Do not have sufficient level 2 credits to meet the literacy requirements for University Entrance
Would like to achieve additional credits in Level 2 English to contribute to their NCEA Level 2 Certificate
Would like to attempt some Level 3 English achievement standards where appropriate, to contribute to their NCEA Level 3 Certificate
• Develop their writing skills through a range of interesting activities
• Read and view a range of texts designed to stimulate their interest and develop their skills in reading, writing and viewing
• Prepare for assessments in reading and writing which meet the requirements for university entrance literacy
• Where it is appropriate, students will be offered the opportunity to submit work for assessment against the criteria for Level 3 English Achievement Standards
Achieved 10 Level 1 literacy credits through the English Department Achievement Standards
Achieved at least 6 level two credits from the English Department Achievement Standards.
Must NOT have UE Literacy
OR HoF discretionary approval
Prerequisites have been reviewed in light of the Lockdown period.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
13EN3- Supplementary costs: Approx $5
Total Credits Available: 15 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 11 credits.
Term: 3, Week: 4
Term: 1, Week: 10
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 11
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.