13 Media Studies 1
Teacher in Charge: Mr S. Allen
• Explore the meaning of media texts
• Analyse, in detail, a specific industry in the media
• Research a relevant media issue, and its significance to New Zealand society
• Study a film genre and its links with society
• Apply the knowledge they have gained about media conventions and technology and plan, design and create their own media production (documentary)
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
13MD1 - Supplementary costs: Approx $5
A suitable laptop for editing video is recommended but not compulsory
At least 16 credits in Level 2 Media Studies (12MD1) including 4 credits from AS91251 and 6 credits from AS91253
OR (if Level 2 Media Studies not taken in previous year) at least 15 credits in Level 2 English, which includes 4 credits from either AS91098 or AS91099
OR HoD Media Studies approval
Total Credits Available: 21 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 21
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.