Teacher in Charge: Mrs A. Mulgrew
Year 10 Visual Art is split into two half year courses that develop skills, techniques and understanding of artistic conventions in Painting, Design, Photography, Printmaking and Sculpture. The first and second semester courses cover different disciplines, allowing students to follow Art for the whole year without repeating any units. Students who opt to take art as a year long option have the opportunity to develop a wider range of skills and techniques to enhance their senior study. Students who take just one semester have priority in Year 11 Visual Art Subjects over those who have not.
These courses prepare students for both Year 11 programmes (11 Painting and 11 Photography and Design).
The course will cover:
• Looking at artist models and painting conventions
• Developing in-depth drawing and compositional skills
• Working with wet and dry media to develop a range of techniques
• Looking at contemporary design process and conventions
• May include NZQA Level 1 Art History Assessments
• Exploration of alternative media such as ceramics, sculpture and print making
10AR1 - Supplementary costs: Approx $45 half-year or $55 full year (if both 10AR1 and 10AR2 courses are taken)