12 Art History 1
Teacher in Charge: Ms J. Adams
• Study the period of 1780 – 1900; known as ‘Towards Modernism.’ During the course of the year they will study artists artworks and art movements within their historical contexts of revolution, rebellion and dramatic industrial change.
- The opportunity to study NZ Artworks held in local collections
• The course complements such subjects as English, History, Classical Studies and Art
• Students considering Scholarship Art in Year 13 are recommended to take this course.
- Art History is an excellent course to take as preparation for legal studies because of the emphasis on constructing evidence based, written arguments. It also supports skills in critical thinking, analysis and visual literacy in an increasingly visual world.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
12AH1 - Supplementary costs: Approx $40
At least 4 externally assessed Achievement Standard credits and at least 8 more Achievement Standard credits in Level 1 English (11EN1) or History (11HI1) totalling 12 credits
OR HoD approval
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Term: 2, Week: 3
Term: 2, Week: 8