12 Sports Leadership
Teacher in Charge: Mr R. Folomu
- Be put in leadership situations including a teaching experience with junior students at MAGS.
- Study units from the Manukau Institute of Technology in the course to challenge students to accept a sport leadership role within the school.
- Understand Biophysical Principles of Training for Physical Activity
- Evaluate leadership strategies that contribute to a group
- To increase understanding and knowledge of the sport and recreation area.
- To provide a programme of study that develops effective ‘sport deliverers’ in the secondary school environment.
- To provide a Sport Leadership delivery resource for schools i.e. coaches, managers, umpires, etc thus enhancing sport within the school.
At least 10 Achievement Standard credits in any Level 1 Physical Education course
OR HoD approval
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
12SL3 - Supplementary costs: Approx $10
Assessment Information- ALL internally assessed
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 19 credits.
Term: 1, Week: 4
Term: 2, Week: 6
Further assessment opportunities will not be offered for this standard inline with NZQA guidelines
Term: 3, Week: 3
Term: 2, Week: 9