13 Accounting 1
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Gilbert
- Be provided with a foundation for the study of accounting at tertiary level
- Gain a fuller understanding of the conceptual basis of accounting, the processing of accounting data and
- the preparation of financial reports for a partnership, a company and a manufacturing entity
- Prepare budgets and carry out cost-volume-profit analysis
- Prepare for Scholarship Accounting
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
13AC1 - Supplementary costs: Approx $40
*12AC1* - At least 15 credits in Level 2 Accounting 1 (12AC1) including achieved or better in AS91176
*12AC2* - At least 15 credits in Level 2 Accounting 2 (12AC2) including achieved or better in AS91176
OR HoF approval
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Term: 1, Week: 6
Term: 2, Week: 10
Term: 1, Week: 11
Term: 3, Week: 7
Term: 2, Week: 5
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.