12 Sports Leadership 3
Teacher in Charge: Richie Folomu
- Be put in leadership situations including a teaching experience with junior students at MAGS.
- Study units from the Manukau Institute of Technology in the course to challenge students to accept a sport leadership role within the school.
- Understand Biophysical Principles of Training for Physical Activity
- Evaluate leadership strategies that contribute to a group
- To increase understanding and knowledge of the sport and recreation area.
- To provide a programme of study that develops effective ‘sport deliverers’ in the secondary school environment.
- To provide a Sport Leadership delivery resource for schools i.e. coaches, managers, umpires, etc thus enhancing sport within the school.
At least 10 Achievement Standard credits in any Level 1 Physical Education course
OR HoD approval
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
*12SL3* - Supplementary costs: Approx $10
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 19 credits.
Term: 1, Week: 4
Term: 2, Week: 6
Term: 3, Week: 3
Term: 2, Week: 9
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor, Air Force Airman/Airwoman, Air Force Officer, Aircraft Loader, Zookeeper, Police Officer, Army Officer, Army Soldier, Building and Construction Labourer, Outdoor Recreation Guide/Instructor, Flooring Installer, Podiatrist, Chiropractor, Miner/Quarry Worker, Mine/Quarry Manager, Diver, Concrete Worker, Stonemason, Sports Coach/Official, Driller, Fencer, Firefighter, Ranger, Professional Sportsperson, Security Officer/Guard, Massage Therapist, Model, Navy Sailor, Navy Officer, Occupational Therapist, Parking Officer, Physiotherapist, Recreation Co-ordinator, Roading Construction Worker, Roadmarker, Roofer, Secondary School Teacher,